• Invasive Asian tiger mosquito both cause nuisance and can transmit serious diseases.
• We value these disservices with two stated preferences methods.
• The most frequent attitude places the risk of contracting mosquito-borne diseases first.
• We identify 3 groups: averse to disease risk, averse to the nuisance, and indifferent.
• The main explanatory factors are insecticides and repellents expenditure, housing place and income.
Asian tiger mosquito far from home: Assessing the impact of invasive mosquitoes on the French Mediterranean littoral